This end of year book survey is hosted by Perpetual Page Turner which is an annual event that contains a bunch of questions about books and blogging life.
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
The best book for me this year is Easy by Tammara Webber. I love everything about this book!
This is definitely a very difficult question, so I decided to pick one every genre. LOL!
Fantasy YA: Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Fantasy Middle Grade: The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
Dystopian: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Paranormal: The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Contemporary: Slammed by Colleen Hoover and Where She Went by Gayle Forman
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Beautiful Disaster byJamie McGuire – I was really excited about it because of the good reviews but sorry to all the fans, I couldn’t even finish this book. I just skimmed halfway through it.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa – I don’t like vampires, but this book really surprised me a lot! I love it! And it’s really good, an amazing work from Julie Kagawa.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Slammed by Colleen Hoover, Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins and Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
A lot! LOL! The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare, The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting, and Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles.
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Tammara Webber, Colleen Hoover, and Simone Elkeles.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
I think that’s New Adult Fiction and Contemporaries, I don’t usually read them because I prefer fantasy, dystopian and paranormal.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – with a kick-ass heroine!!!
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Hidden (Firelight, #3) by Sophie Jordan – I’ve only read it in ebook format because I couldn’t wait for the paperback version. I’ll be getting the paperback copy for sure and reread it. 🙂
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay – I love the cover, the red dress and the red font, and the waves say a lot.
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Jem Carstairs of The Infernal Devices series. I love him with all my heart!!!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Slammed by Colleen Hoover – The poems are incredible, I cried while reading all of them. It’s very emotional, raw, and heart whelming, they are beautiful in every way.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
Where She Went by Gayle Forman – I somehow can relate with the story. It reminded of my past heartbreaks and struggles in life. I love Adam and I felt like I was like him 3 years ago, in a particular part of my life. I’m happy I was able to move on. 🙂
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
“Well, you would realize…
Like i eventually realized…
That the good things about her?
All the beautiful?
It’s not real.
So you keep your ocean,
I’ll take the lake.”
-Slammed by Colleen Hoover
“The clothes are packed off to Goodwill
I said my goodbyes up on that hill
The house is empty, the furniture sold
Soon your smells will decay to mold
Don’t know why I bother calling, ain’t nobody answering
Don’t know why I bother singing, ain’t nobody listening”
-”Disconnect”, Collateral Damage, Track 10
–Where She Went by Gayle Forman
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Longest – The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan – 586 pages
Shortest – Losing It by Cora Carmack – 204 pages
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver – because of the CLIFFHANGER ENDING!!!
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand – I love how the romance built between Clara and Tucker because they started as friends. Tucker always teases her because of her orange hair, he calls him “Carrot”. And he jokes a lot! LOL!
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Bewitching by Alex Flinn
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Easy by Tammara Webber – Of course! It was recommended to me by my goodreads friend Novel,
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
A LOT!!! Of course, books from the series will be top priority, like Unravel Me, Sweet Peril, EverBound, Clockwork Princess, Asunder, Dark Triumph, Towering, Scarlet, Through the Ever Night and many more!!!
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
Get to know more fellow bloggers and readers. I love discovering new things and meeting new people, and talking about the thing I love the most, BOOKS!
I HOPE 2013 WILL BE A GREAT YEAR FOR US!!! ♥