Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign; there are so many book covers that I really love but there are also ones that seem off for me.
- Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1) by Richelle Mead – I’ve been seeing this in most of the posts, and I agree. I just don’t understand the cover at all, there’s no art, they are just two people, doing nothing. LOL!
- The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine #1 by Bree Despain – I think those feet don’t match the story of the book, right?
- Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire – This cover confuses me a lot and I keep on staring at it for a long time. I don’t get it at all. I think the original cover, the butterfly inside a jar is much better.
- The Host (The Host #1) by Stephenie Meyer – The eye says it all. But the angle and the color of the face are definitely off. I think a full face would do, with a different one eye.
- The Madman’s Daughter (The Madman’s Daughter #1) by Megan Shepherd – I really do want to read this one but the cover scares me, it is creepy for me. The sepia effect should be changed, I guess.
- The Madness Underneath (Shades of London #2) by Maureen Johnson – This one is also included in those list of redesigned book covers after the first book.
- Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver – The covers of the Delirium series are gorgeous but I prefer the original cover of the first book, the one with the title only in a bluish green background. In this set, that cover is really creepy, the girl seems angry or something.
- Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise #2) by Simone Elkeles – Definitely not a good edited cover. The girl and the boy are a bit graphic, they look like painted ones.
- Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi – I love the book and this cover is a good representation of Juliette. But of course, the new cover design that contains the eye is more creative.
- This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers – this is one of those covers that I don’t understand. LOL! I mean, what is the connection of the hair with the zombies??
Hi everyone, I’m also currently hosting a fabulous giveaway since it is my blog’s second birthday! Please celebrate with me and join in my giveaway: HAPPY 2ND BLOGOVERSARY GIVEAWAY!!!